Affordacare is proud to provide work-related healthcare to our clients in the Abilene, Wichita Falls, Stephenville, and Big Spring areas. We work with you to prevent, diagnose, and treat work-related injuries and illnesses. As your healthcare provider, we are dedicated to helping you and your employees get back to work quickly and safely.
As an occupational medicine provider, you can trust our team to stay up-to-date on workplace hazards and government regulations so that you and your employees are protected.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Alcohol and drug testing
- DOT Physicals and Compliance Testing–Safety is always an employer’s top priority, which is why we offer a variety of OSHA mandated compliance tests. Testing services include vision and hearing tests, pulmonary function testing, biological monitoring of lead and other heavy metals, radiographic monitoring for asbestos, silica, and other substances, medical surveillance, respirator fit tests, and many more. Most tests can be performed annually, as needed, or in combination with one another. Talk to one of our team members today to find out how to keep health and productivity at a high!
- Fit Testing–respirator fit testing takes about 15 minutes, and should be done at least once per year. Fit testing is essential to protect employees against respiratory hazards.
- Respiratory Testing–Also known as pulmonary function tests, or PFTs, measure how well your lungs are working. This test is used to measure lung size and air flow, as well as how efficiently oxygen gets in and out of your blood, and only takes about 15 minutes.
- And more!
Regular screenings from your primary care physician are an essential part of maintaining your health and wellness. An annual wellness exam is a type of preventative care focused on maintaining wellness and identifying health issues before they occur. Don’t wait for a problem to stop you in your tracks–plan ahead to ensure your health and peace of mind.
What can you expect from an annual wellness exam? Well, doctors need to establish a clear picture of your overall health in order to guide you in making the best choices for your specific health goals. These exams may include:
- A traditional physical examination
- Checking your vitals
- Looking at the medical histories of yourself and your family
- Discussing your current lifestyle choices
- Screening and lab work for any concerns or predispositions you may have
- Creating goals and a plan for your health
Annual wellness exams vary depending on several factors, such as age and gender. During your exam, screening may include cholesterol, blood pressure, and diabetes. You may also be asked about your current stress levels, activity levels, diet, and drug and alcohol use. Be open and honest with your answers so we may better serve you and your health. Always tell your doctor about any health questions or concerns you may have. When it comes to your health, being proactive is the best medicine–schedule your annual wellness exam today!